Do I have to register online?
NO – you may register on-site at the event…HOWEVER
- You will miss out on saving $10 per rider for early-bird online registration
Is there a registration fee for children riding in a bike trailer or an attached seat?
- NO. Children in attached seat/trailer ride Free
How can I get my Lunar Lunacy gear?
Did you forget to get your glow wear? Don't fear, visit the MARKETPLACE booth. Volunteers will be ready to accept your donations and provide the appropriate level of acknowledgement gift.
Limited edition jerseys, t-shirts, neck buffs, glow in the dark accessories, WINGMAN cycling satchels & more will be available at the MARKETPLACE booth while supplies last!
Is there a discount for two adults on a tandem bicycle?
No, because this is a fundraiser to help kids’ in need.
What should I do if I need bicycle repair or need help on the course?
There will be “Bike Aid” stations along the course approximately every quarter mile. Watch ahead on the course for the lighted white balloons. If your repair cannot occur on the course, SAG vehicles will be available to get you and your bicycle back to your car.
How do I contact a SAG vehicle for major assistance?
Contact numbers will be on the ride information sheet given to each rider at registration.
Why does everyone need to sign a waiver?
This is a requirement of the City of Sacramento and the Rotary Club of Point-West Sacramento which manage the ride. A parent must sign the waiver for every child riding whether in attached seat or riding on their own bicycle.
Safety Rules of the Ride:
Cyclists should obey normal traffic laws
- Cyclists should dress in light colored clothing
- Cyclists and child passengers should wear a bicycle helmet
- Cyclists should have a front light on their bicycle that throws light 300 feet
- Cyclists should have a rear red reflector on their bicycle
- A flashing rear red light is recommended
- Cyclists should ride respectfully without antics or speeding past other cyclists. Remember it’s a fun ride not a race!
How safe is the course?
The courses have been laid out by the Sacramento Police Department’s Bike Unit Officers
- SPD Bike Unit Officers will be riding with us
- SPD Cruisers will be at major intersections to allow safe crossing
- Repair stations will be located approximately every quarter mile
- SAG vehicles will be along the course
What if my child needs a restroom?
There will be porta-pottys on Capitol Mall event venue
- On course there are lighted public restrooms at two locations
- Miller Park (2.1 miles from start) which is the turnaround for the short ride and
- Scott’s Seafood/Westin Hotel (4.0 miles from the start) which the turnaround for the longer ride. NO not in the hotel or restaurant, but on the bike trail.
How do I enter the photo contests?
- Snap a photo of your bike using your smartphone
- Go to the photo contest link which will be listed on rider information sheet
- Pick the category you wish to enter
- Upload your photo, being sure to name your photo and enter an email to notify you when you win.
How will the photo contest winners be decided?
Simple! The photos that receive the most online votes ($1.00 per vote) at the end of the contest period for each category will be the winner. So ENCOURAGE ALL YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, COLLEAGUES, And NEIGHBORS TO VOTE FOR YOU.
- It’s a great way for others to join you in supporting programs for foster youth and other local children’s charities.
What do I do with my bike while eating from Food Trucks?
A secure, complimentary, bike corral is provided and staffed by SABA (Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates) and event volunteers
What happens if it rains?
This event is “Rain or Shine”. Unless the weather is dangerous, we will still ride. We will not issue refunds for inclement weather.
What time does the event start?
The ride will begin at 9 pm, but come early and join us for pre-ride activities, food trucks and more, on the Capitol Mall starting at 7 p.m.
What time does the event end?
The ride will take as long as it takes, but shouldn’t take but about 1-1 ½ hours to complete.
Do you offer bicycle rentals?
Yes. Bicycle rentals are available at 2 for 1 or 50% off one bike through our great community partner, Practical Cycle Transportation Co. (PCTC) at TWO convenient locations: Old Sacramento 114 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 & Historic Folsom 150 Natoma Station Drive Folsom, CA 95630, . Bikes must be returned to the same location as rented. You may pick up rental bike/s the night of the event, August 5thand return them the next day. The inventory of cycles is in great demand, call early to reserve yours. Call 916-706-0077 by July 28th to reserve your cycle and for more details.